Grand Union Housing Group (GUHG) and all subsidiaries, Aragon Housing Association, South Northants Homes and Rockingham Forest Housing Association, are committed to treating your information securely and safeguarding your rights to confidentiality. We will ensure your personal information is processed in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation to promote accountability and transparency.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when GUHG processes your personal information. It applies to information about housing applicants, residents and other service users. This is the main privacy notice for GUHG
Personal data shall be;
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for a specified and legitimate purpose
- Adequate, relevant and limited
- Kept no longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with your rights
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Union
For further information you can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Grand Union Housing Group
Cranfield Technology Park
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. Details can be found on their website
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or contact them on 0303 123 1113
What Information we collect
We will only collect personal information when we need to. The type of information may vary depending on the service(s) you receive.
Most information we hold will be collected from you but we may obtain this from third parties such as the local authority, a previous landlord or other relevant community partners. We may also obtain information from third parties to validate, or where appropriate, enhance the information we hold.
The information we may collect includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Address, including previous and forwarding addresses
- Contact information including email address
- Date of birth
- Photographic ID
- National insurance number
- Bank details
- Employment details
- Sexual orientation
- Any state benefits
- Marital status and members of your household
- Health and care issues
- Ethnicity, culture or religion
- Criminal activities including anti-social behavior
- CCTV footage
- Call recordings from phone calls to our organisation
When you provide information about household members we assume that you do so with their full knowledge. This information is requested as part of a contractual requirement and is in our legitimate interest to know who will be living in our premises. For example we would need to know household details to assess eligibility for housing and the type of accommodation required.
We may hold other information about you for specific purposes for services we provide. We try to ensure information is accurate, up to date and not kept for longer than necessary.
To assist with personal security and crime prevention we may capture your image on our CCTV systems if you visit an office, estate or communal area which is covered by this facility.
Special categories of personal data
Special categories of data include:
- Racial or Ethnic origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Health Information
- Religious or Philosophical Beliefs
Special category data is used to monitor equality, diversity and inclusion and to ensure services are delivered appropriately.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Manage applications made by you
- Manage your tenancy, lease or other services you have engaged with
- Fulfil our legal obligations
- Meet your needs in our service delivery
- Plan, develop and improve our products and services
- Prevent fraud and illegal sub-letting
- To contact you in regard to your request
- We may contact you for market research purposes and customer satisfaction surveys to help monitor performance and improve our services.
To understand how we are performing we undertake call recording in some of our service areas for training and quality monitoring purposes. These recordings are kept for 12 months. We also hold records of any contact we have with you and any contact from third parties representing you.
The organisation does not use any system based automated decision process for any significant processes. You will always be able to query decisions with staff.
Accuracy of your information
We endeavour to keep our records up to date. However, if any of your personal details change (e.g. contact details, household composition) please let us know.
Who we share your information with
Information will be used across the organisation to ensure you are receiving all services you have requested.
Minimal information will be shared with authorised third party Contractors to provide Landlord services, for example repairs. Where we need to share personal data with our contractors the relationship is governed by a contract which will include strict data sharing and confidentiality protocols. We only share personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
We will not provide your information to any unauthorised third parties or share information except where we are required to by law.
Information sharing in our legitimate business interest may include:
- Our contractors to carry out landlord services i.e. repairs, maintenance etc
- Local authority teams such as social services, benefit agencies, council tax environmental health
- Utility companies
- Third party services acting on our behalf i.e. mailing company distributing Rent statements or a debt collection agency pursuing former tenant arrears
- Police and other relevant statutory agencies i.e. HM Revenue and Customs, Department of Work & Pensions
We may also share information when required by law or to protect the legitimate interest of an individual.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
To help ensure confidentiality we will ask you, or any person authorised to act on your behalf, security questions to confirm your identity when contact is made. We will not discuss your personal information with anyone other than you unless you have given prior written authorisation (or historically verbal instruction)
How long we keep your data
GUHG retains personal information during the period of our relationship and for a set period afterwards to allow us to meet legal obligations.
We document retention schedules against different types of information. This is based on legal requirements, best practice and the National Housing Federation guidance.
If you would like further information please contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com
GUHG is committed to upholding your rights in respect of your personal data
The law provides the following rights for individuals:
- Right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website
Access to personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information we may hold about you by making a Subject Access Request application. If you would like to do this, you can complete the subject access request form or make a written request to our Data Protection Officer at the address provided above.