Vision and Values
Grand Union Housing Group (GUHG) is a strong regional housing group with a people centred culture, delivering excellent local services. The Group comprises independent housing organisations which together have:
- financial strength
- customer focus
- skilled and experienced staff and Board Members
- an expanding range of services and products.
Our 2020 Vision is:
- To provide a further 1,500 new homes by 2020, enabling more people to rent or own a home that they can afford
- To deliver an ambitious, expanded programme of high quality services that our customers want, in the way that they want to receive them, whilst improving the wellbeing of those who need extra support, particularly the elderly
- To be a force for positive change by investing in our homes and local communities to reduce fuel poverty, support people into work and provide opportunities for young people
- To give our employees rewarding careers by investing in them and enabling them to exceed the expectations of our customer
Our values are important to us and underpin everything we do:
Integrity – We will deliver our promises and be clear about what we can and cannot do.
Respect – We will listen to and respect our customers and everyone we work with.
Quality – We will always aim to provide excellent services and products.
Innovation – We will look for innovative solutions to resolve problems, deliver outcomes and achieve value for money.
Teamwork – We believe we can achieve far more by working together in partnership.
We believe we have a responsibility to serve all sections of the community. We value the difference and uniqueness in people, our organisations and communities. We aim to keep our promises, be honest and reliable, and build living partnerships through the way we work.
We believe we are good at what we do. We are efficient at delivering local services well. However we acknowledge we can always do things better and are continually striving to do so by listening to what our customers say.
It is our intention that customers, stakeholders and partners of Grand Union:
- Have confidence that the Group has a responsible and caring approach, in which the interests of the customer and the community are paramount
- Are reassured that they are dealing with an organisation that puts people first
- Are able to rely on the commitment, knowledge and experience of Grand Union staff to deliver the level of service they expect. Indeed we want to deliver beyond those expectations
- Have peace of mind they are dealing with an organisation they can trust, which is financially sound and well managed, but also innovative and solution focused
- Feel fulfilled because they are offered choices that improve their quality of life and enable them to meet their aspirations
- Feel secure because of Grand Union’s quality standards and track record
- Recognise our focus on being effective and efficient in the way we operate, delivering value for money in everything we do.